Salmon with Creamy Cucumber Sour Cream and Chive Salad
A tasty, healthy way to use up leftover dips.
Recipe author:Bakkavör Foods
Prep time:10 mins + draining time
Cooking time:7 mins
- 4 x 75g salmon steaks
- A little olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- 225g cucumber
- 200g tub sour cream and chive dip
- Extra snipped chives
- Watercress salad to serve
- Heat a griddle pan to high or prepare some BBQ coals.
- Rub the salmon steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook skin side down on the griddle or BBQ for 5 minutes, then carefully turn over with a fish slice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice a cucumber (we used the slicer on a cheese grater to save time).
- Place the cucumber in a nylon sieve, sprinkle with a little salt and leave to drain for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in a tub of soured cream and chive dip, sprinkle with the extra chives if using.
- This easy salad is delicious served with watercress salad.
Calories per portion: 472